7TH ANNUAL WHITBY RIBFEST, FRIDAY JULY 6TH TO SUNDAY JULY 8TH, 2018
Hours: Friday 12pm to 11pm, Saturday 11am to 11pm, Sunday 11am to 8pm
About Whitby and Whitby Ribfest
Whitby, Ontario is located just 25 minutes east of Toronto on the north shore of Lake Ontario, and is known for its small town atmosphere while boasting big city amenities.
With a rich history, Whitby houses a large number of significant heritage buildings in the downtown area. Along with numerous historical sites such as the Centennial Building, The Station Gallery and Trafalgar Castle School, you can find plenty to do by visiting Whitby’s Waterfront Trail and Iroquois Park Sports Complex.
For more information on Whitby visit www.whitby.ca
Let’s talk about the success of Ribfest!
WOW… The Annual Whitby Ribfest welcomes over 50,000 guests who enjoy a great line up of awesome entertainment, savour the best ribs, laugh while taking advantage of a full midway experience, shop at the many marketplace vendors, and welcome a cold beverage on a hot summer weekend! For those who have joined us in the past, THANK YOU for your contribution to the success.
The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise and over 125 volunteers put together the biggest outdoor event that Whitby has ever sees! To each and every volunteer, THANK YOU for all the tireless hours of hard work and dedication.
The Durham Region community comes together to support this amazing event. A huge THANK YOU goes out to the many sponsors, supporters and vendors that contribute to the overall success. We are excited to have you join us each year.
With the success of this event, The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise is thrilled to be able to provide support to both local community projects and international initiatives… which is the sole purpose of our goals as Rotarians. Some of our initiatives include:
- Wounded Warriors Park of Reflection,
- Durham College Cullinary School,
- Rotary Gym at Heydenshore,
- Construction of gazebos at Rotary Sunrise Lake Park and Fairview Lodge,
- Creation of the Whitby Sports Hall of Fame,
- Hosting of Rotary Youth Exchange students from around the world,
- Donation of scholarships for local high school students,
- Support for the Sunrise Youth Group,
- Provision of “Smart Walkers” to enable children with muscular dystrophy to walk,
- Development work in the Dominican Republic including the provision of bio-sand water filters, playground equipment, medical and school supplies and the construction of classrooms at the La Loma adult training school,
- Participation in Rotary International’s campaign to end polio.