WHITBY ART SHOW
JURIED ART EXHIBITION & SALE AT 2018 WHITBY RIBFEST
Presented by the Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise
CALL TO ARTISTS…
Open to all fine artists 18 years and older.
- Entry deadline: June 1, 2018
- Artwork delivery: Thursday, July 5th , 3:00 – 7:00 p.m. at the Whitby Art Show tent located at Victoria Fields (directly across from Iroquois Sports Centre).
- Exhibition/sale dates: Friday, July 6 – Sunday, July 8
- Opening reception and award presentation: Friday, July 6th, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- People’s Choice award presentation: Sunday, July 8th at 2:00 p.m.
- Artwork pick up times: Sunday, July 8th, 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Olexander Wlasenko, Curator, Whitby Station Gallery
- Sonya Jones, Associate Curator, RMG
- Neville Clarke, Award winning artist
- 1st Place: $500
- 2nd Place: $250
- 3rd Place: $100
- People’s Choice Award
Whitby Ribfest welcomes over 50,000 guests each year who enjoy a fantastic line up of live entertainment, a wide variety of marketplace and food vendors, delicious ribs, cold beverages, and ice cream treats on a beautiful, summer weekend. Proceeds from this annual event provide support to both local community projects and international initiatives through projects of the Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise. Each year Whitby Ribfest gets bigger and better and now for our 7th year, Whitby Ribfest 2018 will include the addition of a juried art exhibition and sale with live painting demonstrations, raffles, and much more!
- This show is open to all emerging and established artists and will accept ORIGINAL artwork only.
- Entries must not be copies, derivatives, or based in any way on other copyrighted or published paintings, photographs or other artistic work.
- The entry fee is $25 per artist (non-refundable). Each artist can submit up to three pieces.
- Framed and unframed artworks are welcome. All artwork must be wired and ready for immediate hanging.
- Excluded media: photography and three dimensional art.
- This is a great opportunity to show your small work. Artwork must be no larger than 12”h x 12”w including frame (due to space restrictions).
- All genres of original fine art that are suitable for a family audience are welcome. The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise reserves the right of refusal for artwork not suited to this event.
- Only artwork by artists whose entry forms/fees are received prior to the deadline date will be eligible to participate (June 1st, 2018).
- Arrangements for artwork delivery and pick up (if not sold) are solely the responsibility of the artist. No storage facilities are available.
- All artwork must be available for sale. Artists will be informed by phone or email when sales are made.
- This is a fundraising event. The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise and participating Artists share profits. 70% goes to the Artist and 30% goes to the Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise.
- Artists are responsible for providing their own insurance during transit and exhibition.
Whitby Art Show — a fantastic opportunity to expose your work to a large audience, generate sales, and best of all— help make positive, lasting change in our community and abroad!
- Artists are advised to enter as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Space is limited.
- A panel of three jurors will award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes.
- The Jurors’ decision is final.
- All artwork will be hung together in the Whitby Art Show tent.
- Participating artists will have their name and a link to their website included on our event page at www.WhitbyRibfest.com/art
- All Artwork will remain on site until Sunday, July 8th when the exhibition ends.
- Voting for People’s Choice Award closes at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 8th.
Coming soon: links to artist’s websites, and after the show, award results and more!
- Friday, July 6: 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 7: 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, July 8: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Payment to artists for all sold paintings will be made by cheque on or before July 23, 2018.
The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise will take all appropriate care with artworks received, however the Club is not responsible in any way for any lost or damaged artworks, however caused, while in its custody. All entrants are responsible for maintaining insurance coverage.
June 1, 2018
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Fill out your WHITBY ART SHOW ENTRY FORM
2. The $25 entry fee may be paid by cheque (payable to “Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise”) and should be mailed to:
Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise
c/o Sue Miller
902 White Ash Drive
Whitby, ON L1N 7S8
Be sure to include your entry form along with your entry fee. (postdated cheques will not be accepted). Please DO NOT SEND CASH in the mail. Application fees and entry form must be received by the application deadline of June 1, 2018.
3. Securely attach a completed identification label to the back of entry(s) (see WHITBY ART SHOW ENTRY FORM).
4. Drop off your artwork at the Whitby Art Show tent located at Victoria Fields (directly across from Iroquois Sports Centre) on Thursday, July 5th between 3:00 & 7:00 p.m.
Rules for the Whitby Art Show Fundraising Art Exhibition & Sale
By participating in the Whitby Art Show Fundraising Art Exhibition & Sale (hereinafter referred to as the “Whitby Art Show”), you (hereinafter referred to as the “Artist”) declare that you have read, accept and agree to the Guidelines (hereinafter referred to as the “Guidelines”) set out in the Whitby Art Show Entry Form and to the terms and conditions herein. Artist grants permission for The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise to reproduce the Artist’s name, information describing the Artist’s work, representations of the Artist’s work and any other information the Artist has provided for display, promotion, and publicity either now or in the future. Artist agrees to display, pack, and transport and provide for the return of Artist’s artwork, unless other prior written arrangements have been made with The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise. If Artist is not available on-site to display, re-pack or re-transport Artist’s work, the Artist gives permission to The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise to do so on Artist’s behalf at Artist’s own risk and expense. Works left over 14 days, after the Whitby Art Show closes, become the property of The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise.
Release of Liability:
- The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise shall not be liable for any injury to Artist, their personnel, agents or employees or for any damage or loss of Artist’s work, equipment or other personal property arising out of the Whitby Art Show and/or any other activities involved in the preparation and/or presentation of the Whitby Art Show. Artist agrees to assume all risk of damage to or loss of Artist’s own art from whatever cause. Artist further agrees to release and to hold harmless The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise and The Corporation of the Town of Whitby, their respective officers, directors, employees, volunteers and agents from any and all liabilities and damages to artwork and/or persons as a result of any part of Artist’s participation in the Whitby Art Show. Indemnification: Artist shall indemnify, save, and hold harmless The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise and The Corporation of the Town of Whitby, their respective officers, directors, employees, volunteers, and agents from any and all claims, demands, causes of action and judgments, losses, costs, and expenses arising due to the negligence of Artist, their employees, agents, or other personnel hereunder, including but not limited to any representation, warranty, term and/or condition of this Agreement. Insurance: Artist shall be solely and exclusively responsible to insure properly and adequately the Artist’s work and property.
Photographic & Video Release:
- The Artist hereby authorizes, without limitation, The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise and The Corporation of the Town of Whitby a non-exclusive right to use any of the Artist’s submitted artwork in any and all media. This grant will include but not be limited to the right to copyright, use, alter, and publish such media without any compensation. The Artist hereby waives any right that the Artist may have to inspect or approve the media, any materials that may be used in connection with the media, or the use to which it may be applied. This section shall not be construed as creating any obligations on The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise’s part to use the artwork.
- The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise reserves the right to disqualify an Artist or to cancel one or several entries of an Artist who participates or tries to participate in the Whitby Art Show by using methods that do not comply with the Guidelines or that are unfair to other Entrants. Such person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
- In no event shall The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise be required to award more prizes than indicated in the Guidelines or to award a prize other than provided for herein (the “Prize”). Authorization: By entering the Whitby Art Show, the Artist(s) selected for the Prize authorizes The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise and their representatives to use, if required, the Artist’s name, photo, voice, place of residence and/or statement regarding the Prize for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation.
- use of the Prize. By entering the Whitby Art Show, the Artist selected for the awards releases and holds harmless The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise and The Corporation of the Town of Whitby, their respective employees, agents and representatives (the “Released Parties”) from and against any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of the Prize.
- The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise reserves the right, at its’ sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Whitby Art Show in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Whitby Art Show as provided for in the Guidelines and herein.
- Entrants’ personal information collected for the purposes of the Whitby Art Show will only be used to administer the Whitby Art Show. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Whitby Art Show will be sent to Artist(s) unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
Copyright or trade-mark:
- The use or reproduction of any copyright material or trade-mark related to the Whitby Art Show is strictly prohibited, except with the prior express written consent of the rights’ owner.
- In the event that an authority with jurisdiction declares any portion of these regulations invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such judgement shall not in any way affect any other portion of these Rules. The other sections shall remain valid and in effect, to the extent permitted by the law.
- For the purpose of these Rules, the Artist is the person whose name appears in the Whitby Art Show Entry Form and it is to this person to whom the Prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared the winner.
Whitby Art Show jurors’ decision:
- Any decision by The Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise and/or the Whitby Art Show jurors or their respective representatives regarding the Whitby Art Show is final and without appeal.
- Neither Party shall assign to transfer any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement and any attempt to do so shall be void and of no effect. Waiver and Effective Nullity: Waiver by either party of any provision of this Agreement shall not operate or be construed as a waiver of any provision by such party at any time hereafter. The nullity of any provision hereunder shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions hereunder of the Agreement, which shall survive.